12.26.2010

Part 1: Nick Swisher and JoAnna Garcia's Wedding Vows Via Vow Muse

 Do you like baseball and acting? Ever think there shouldn't be a divide between celebrities and athletes? Well fear not: baseball phenomenon Nick Swisher and actress JoAnna Garcia tied the knot, bringing the two together and of course, giving them a chance to pen their own vows to each other. While Vow Muse had zippo to do with their Floridian wedding last month, we still thought we'd get our vow writing on for these two love-birds.

Athlete Meets Celebrity...Of Course Wedding Vows ensue!

From JoAnna to Nick:
Nick, I know I want you in my life forever. Of course, I didn't know that the first time we met, or even the second; it wasn't until we'd spent an evolving course of days, weeks, and months together that we'd built a relationship I could never live without. With you, I am able to empower others, and in turn, empower myself. But more importantly, with you, I am myself. I am never less than you. I am never more than you. You are never less than me, and you are never more than me. I love this about us, and could not dream of a better partner in life. Para mi familia, nomás sepan esto: Yo nunca soy menos que ustedes. Yo nunca soy más que ustedes. Ustedes nunca son menos que yo y ustedes nunca son más que yo.

From Nick to JoAnna:

JoAnna, I was certain I wanted a future with you from the first time we were apart, and every time after that. When I'm not with you, I feel as if there is an invisible cord between our hearts, pulling at us until we are together again. That tug makes me long for your presence, and I'm only at ease when you are near. With you, I am able to reach others, and in turn, reach myself. But more importantly, with you, I am home. I am never less than you. I am never more than you. You are never less than me, and you are never more than me. I love this about us, and could not dream of a better partner in life. I wish my grandmother were here to meet you, but I already know what she'd say: Joanna sparkles. Keep her close, ya hear?

So after this round of vows, it occurred to the Muses that we're not sure Nick Swisher would love what we've written for him. He's got a bit more of a sense of humor, and we think he'd ask for revisions. Stay tuned for later this week, when the Vow Muse blog posts our revisions for Mr. Swisher's wedding vows!

--
We learned about JoAnna Garcia here and Mr. Swisher here.
Photo permission via Creative Commons from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment